SPANISH CHICKEN PAELLA WITH KNORR FIESTA SIDES® SPANISH RICE
Christy Wilson RDN
Nutrition Counselor at University of Arizona, 2016 Unilever Agent of Change
"Knorr® recipes like this one include at least ½ cup of vegetables along with 3-4 ounces of lean protein per serving.”
"Knorr® recipes like this one, as well as my Southwest Mexican Skillet (using Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Mexican Rice), are designed to include at least ½ cup of vegetables along with 3-4 ounces of lean protein per serving, making it a complete, satisfying meal. The added bonus to this better-for-you-meal? It looks absolutely beautiful on your plate!” – Christy Wilson, RDN
Recipe Serves | 4 Preparation Time | 5 minutes Cooking Time | 25 minutes
1 Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice packet
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1-pound chicken breast (or thighs)
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 red bell pepper (about 1 ½ cups), diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes (about 1 cup), diced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1 cup frozen green peas
Juice from ½ lemon
- Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™-Spanish Rice as directed on package.
- Over medium-high heat, add olive oil to a large heavy skillet. Add red pepper and onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper then place into the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side then add diced tomatoes. Add oregano and paprika and stir to combine ingredients.
- Add prepared Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ -Spanish Rice to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Mix to combine all ingredients together. Top with green peas and heat over medium-to-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from ½ of a lemon over of the finished dish. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally created in 2016 by Christy Wilson RDN, founder of Christy Wilson Nutrition and a Unilever Agent of Change. Christy Wilson was compensated for her time and services.