Mediterranean Green Tea Quinoa Salad
Anne Mauney, RD, MPH
Owner and Founder of FANNEtastic Food, 2016 Unilever Agent of Change
"I was excited to work with Lipton® to share a recipe this fall because of their great sustainability efforts."
“One of the reasons I was excited to work with Lipton® to share a recipe this fall is because of their great sustainability efforts; 100% of their leaf tea sold in the U.S. is Rainforest Alliance Certified™. The Rainforest Alliance is an independent organization that works to reduce environmental impacts and increase the social and economic benefits of farming.” – Anne Mauney, RD, MPH
Recipe Serves | 6 Preparation Time |10 minutes Cooking Time | 15 minutes
1 and 1/2 cups dry quinoa
3 cups water
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 and 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup chopped parsley
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup hot water + 2 Lipton® Pure Green Tea bags
1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the quinoa, water, and 4 Lipton® Pure Green Tea bags in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes – until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked through. Remove tea bags and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl (removing green tea bags once steeped) and set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cool, or mostly cooled, add it to the bowl with the veggies. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Serve as an entree, as a side dish with seared chicken or fish, or atop salad greens.
This recipe was originally created in 2016 by Anne Mauney, RD, MPH, founder of FANNEtastic Food and a Unilever Agent of Change. Anne Mauney was compensated for her time and services.