Knorr® Mexican Skillet
Christy Wilson RDN
Nutrition Counselor at University of Arizona, 2016 Unilever Agent of Change
"Although these products can be used alone as a side dish, they can also be converted into a meal in three simple steps: Knorr® Sides + Protein + Vegetables = Main Meal.”
“Unilever Principal Kitchen Application Chef, Normajean Longfield has developed recipes with Knorr® Rice Sides that are simple, nutritious and easy to cook at home; although these products can be used alone as a side dish, they can also be converted into a meal in three simple steps: Knorr® Sides + Protein + Vegetables = Main Meal.” – Christy Wilson, RDN
Recipe Serves | 6 Preparation Time | 5 minutes Cooking Time | 18 minutes
½ tablespoon buttery spread (i.e. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®)
½ cup sweet onion, diced
1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1 ½ cups)
1 medium zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
½ cup Cotija (or feta) cheese, crumbled
2 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 avocado, diced
- Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ -Mexican Rice as directed on package.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add buttery spread. Once melted, add onion and red bell pepper to the pan and sauté for two minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomato to the pan and cook for another two minutes. Next, add in mushrooms and garlic to the skillet and mix all vegetables together. Sauté until mushrooms are soft and garlic is fragrant, about three minutes.
- Add prepared Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ -Mexican Rice and black beans to the skillet. Mix to combine all ingredients together and heat over medium-to-low heat for five minutes. Top with cilantro.
- Top with optional ingredients, including crumbled Cotija (or feta) cheese, fresh lime juice and diced avocado.