Hellmann’s® Vegetarian Cauliflower Fried Rice Bowl with Turmeric Dressing
"Mayo is my condiment of choice when it comes to sandwiches, but it goes way beyond a sandwich spread.”
“The base of the dressing is Hellmann’s® Organic Mayonnaise (it also comes in roasted garlic and chipotle flavors!) because it provides a rich, pure and creamy starting point. Mayo is my condiment of choice when it comes to sandwiches (tomato sandwich season we go through a ridiculous amount of mayo) but it goes way beyond a sandwich spread.” – Carlene Thomas, RDN, LD
Recipe Serves | 2 Preparation Time |10 minutes Cooking Time | 10 minutes
1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Organic Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
juice of half an orange
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups cauliflower rice
1/2 T coconut oil
1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 small head of broccoli cut into florets (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons salted, roasted peanuts
a few leaves of fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint
1 green onion, sliced into rounds
1 teaspoon spicy Asian hot sauce
squeeze of lime
- Make dressing by adding Hellmann’s® Organic, ginger, juice of an orange and turmeric to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine and set aside. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt coconut oil and then add cauliflower rice.
- Cook five minutes and add garlic. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add soy sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cauliflower is coated in soy sauce and slightly soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in turmeric dressing.
- Add to a serving bowl.
- Prepare toppings and steam broccoli florets. Add broccoli, green onion, peanuts, cilantro, mint and hot sauce to the top of the cauliflower rice.
This recipe was originally created in 2016 by Carlene Thomas, RDN, LD, founder of Healthfully Ever After and a Unilever Agent of Change. Carlene Thomas was compensated for her time and services.